Thursday 28 June 2012

June Empties


This month I seem to have quite a few hair products I've finished and not much else! From left to right is:
Charles Worthington Front Row Heat Defence Spray, John Frieda Luxurious Volume Thickening Mousse, James Brown Photo Fabulous Moisturising Shampoo and Conditioner, Batiste Dry Shampoo Mini in Coconut and Exotic Tropical, Soap and Glory Calm One Calm All Bubble Bath Mini, Soap and Glory The Breakfast Scrub.


These have been my go to shampoo and conditioner for the last few months, claiming to moisturise dry hair. I'm still undecided on what I think of these two to be honest. They done the job but I wasn't amazed by it and I found they made my hair really greasy really quickly, and the more I used it the quicker my hair was becoming greasy so I wouldn't personally recommend it or buy it again. 


The Batiste Mini is what I usually just chuck in my bag, and was recently featured in my what's in my handbag and it's nice to just have when you need to refresh your hair on the go. Everyone seems to love this brand due to the loads of different scents but I don't notice them too much. I don't think Batiste is the best brand of dry shampoo but it's pretty cheap and the mini is perfect for on the go as it's nice and light so I'd definitely buy this again. 

The Charles Worthington Spray isn't technically empty but the spray head has completely snapped and it went everywhere and just made a big mess so I've decided to just throw it away. The product itself smelt nice and gave good protection when straightening my hair but the broken packaging let me down. I'm considering buying it again and putting it in another spray packaging but I'm currently using a VO5 one so I'll see how I get on with that.

The John Freida Thickening Mousse worked well as an everyday mousse but I didn't see my hair thickening at all after use, which I don't particularly understand how it would work anyway. The only problem I have with this mousse is that it is quite sticky and I struggled to get to grips with only using a tiny amount as I found using too much left my hair a horrible greasy mess. Again I'd probably buy this again but only if it was on special offer as I feel there are equally as good brands about. 


Phew enough of the hair products now! The Calm One Calm All Mini was from one of the Christmas gift sets Soap and Glory released last year, but I have no idea which one as I received so many! I use this bubble bath a lot and I LOVE it, it has the traditional Soap and Glory feminine scent and it makes loads of bubbles, so I would buy this in the full size again as it's fabulous :)! 

I was quite wary of trying The Breakfast Scrub when I first got it in another Christmas Set. I usually use dS&G's Scrub Actually which I was content with, and for some unexplained reason I use DID NOT want to try this, until I opened it and got a whiff of the smell. OHMYGOD it smells like happy. It smells quite maple syrup-y which explains The 'Breakfast' Scrub! Over all as I scrub I love using it but i'm not a big fan of the packaging. I don't like having to scoop it out with my fingers and I always found I got little gritty bits caught underneath my fingernails which was pretty gross, and when I used this in the bath I always got tiny gritty bits which I ended up sitting on which wasn't too nice either! Despite these little grumbles I'm still in love with it and I would most definitely use it again, and again and again! 


Looking back on it I haven't actually emptied many products this month! I have the worst habit of buying things and using it once then moving on to something else! 
What products have you been loving this month? X 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...