Sunday 22 July 2012

The purpose of our lives is to be happy.



This evening's post title is a quote from the Dalai Lama and I'm beginning to appreciate it's meaning a lot more recently. For me recently life has been a bit of a struggle to remain balanced. Many things have been happening which is out of my control and I feel I'm struggling to keep up with changes and I'm not too sure what is expected of me anymore. 




I'm a daughter, a sister, a gran-daughter, a student, a friend, and a whole lot more but I've been doubting if I'm 'good at what I am' which has led to me to reconsider what I am, and how I can improve and better myself, and after doing a lot of thinking and I've concluded that the one thing I need to achieve before anything else is happiness. I'm beginning to accept that I am only one person, and there's a lot of things I cannot change - but that's ok as long as I try my best, so I've compiled a list of things which I aim to do to make myself happier

1. Paint my nails more often - this is going to sound ridiculous  but I love painting my nails, especially creating nail art designs, but since I ripped my false nails off after having a bad day they've been a bit stubbly and uneven so I've avoided painting them, but I'm going to embrace my short nails and add a bit of colour to my nails ;) 
2. Get out of bed everyday - this is going to sound equally ridiculous as my first point, but some days I literally cannot drag myself out of bed and this simply isn't acceptable. I literally stay in bed and watch trashy day time TV until my mum gets home from work, and then go for a nap and even typing this is shocking me! Basically, get up, get dressed, and make the most of my day! 
3. Tidy my room! - For as long as I can remember I've had a horrible bedroom up until very recently when my mum and dad worked so hard to decorate it for me, but recently (mainly due to point 2!) it's got a bit of a mess, but a clean room generally makes me feel a lot better about myself! 
4. Make more time for friends - Recently I've felt like a bit of a recluse and I haven't really seen much of my friends (apart from my amazing Clarks babes who have literally made my life recently!) and it's really getting me down, so from now on a lot more days out and trips and nights out are needed! 
5. Smile! - such a simple thing to do but I don't feel I've been doing much of it recently. 
6. Draw more - When I was about 15 I really focused on expressing myself through drawing and it did me the world of good, but I sort of grew out of it, so I'm hoping to get back into it and give me something to focus on. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...