Thursday 30 August 2012

4 Weeks No Heat Challenge Result


At the beginning of the month I pledged to stop using heat on my hair for a month in order to give my hair a bit of a rest as well as attempt to get it in better condition. My introduction to the No Heat Challenge is here.

Overall I have really noticed the benefits of not using heat on my hair, as it appears to be much stonger and isn't breaking off as easily recently. I have also noticed that because I'm not using as many heat-related products such as sprays on my hair it isn't getting as dirty or greasy as quickly as before the challange. 

However there have been times where I have been tempted to straighten my hair. My hair is naturally quite frizzy and I would usually straighten my hair on a daily basis, so to go from everyday to not at all was quite challenging! However I think I have managed to figure out how to treat my hair better as a result of the challenge. 

I think I won't continue being as strict with my regime as some days I felt I really wanted to straighten my hair and it was so frustrating not being able to! But I do think I will definitely decrease the amount I straighten it as every day is a bit excessive! But this has given a chance to get into a new cycle of how to care for my hair better!


Despite originally planning to use the Lee Stafford Growth Range of hair care products after a bit of research I wasn't impressed with the negative reviews I had read so I decided to opt for a slightly cheaper alternative and I am incredibly impressed with the L'Oreal Elvive Triple Resist range. As well as this I also use the Herbal Essences Beautiful Ends mask once a week and I have noticed I'm not getting as many split ends since using which is great!



Have you tried the 4 weeks no heat challenge? Let me know how you got on! X 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...