Thursday 9 August 2012

MUA Heaven and Earth VS Undressed



I've recently become interested in the MUA palettes after seeing such positive reviews, so I thought I'd pick two of the most popular ones up, which are Heaven and Earth and Undressed. Both are neutral toned shadows which I usually tend to use for a day look. I have put them to the test to see which one wins the battle of the palettes! 



 Heaven and Earth is the original Neutral Palette from MUA and features a range of warm toned browns and cool beige and cream tones. These are perfect for a day time friendly eye look and create a lovely, less dramatic smokey eye in comparison to a traditional black smokey eye. 
However I feel that a lot of the shades in Heaven and Earth are very similar when applied, for example shade 4 and 9, which lets this palette down slightly for me. However I still feel this will earn a permanent place in my make up bag!


Since MUA's Undressed Palette has been released it has created a well earned reputation as a Urban Decay Naked Dupe and for good reason. All you have to do is google 'Undressed vs Naked Palette' and you will see the vast similarities between the two palettes. This is perfect for people who are interested in the Naked Palette but cannot afford the price tag! 
Undressed also offers a more varied colour range, with more neutral and metallic ranges which allows it to be more versatile, allowing you to create a daytime look or something more dramatic.



Overall I think my favourite palette is definitely Undressed! It provides an almost identical dupe to the Naked palette which is definitely a godsend for me and my purse! I also like that it provides a wide range of shades so I can mix up my look a bit more without having to carry around a million different single shades! 
Despite this I am also a big fan of Heaven and Earth and will not be neglecting it at all!


Have you tried either the Heaven and Earth or the Undressed Palette? What do you think, and which is your favourite? Let me know! X 

2 comments:

  1. I haven't tried MUA yet, I really need to! I've heard so many great things about it. Great review darling :D xx

    OutsideBeautyInsideHealth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya Samantha I just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the Liebster blog award! http://notsobusylizzie.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/liebster-blog-award.html I have the Heaven and Earth palette and I use it every day :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...