Friday 28 September 2012

Cath Kidston DIY Key Tutorial


Keys are something that everyone has to carry with them, and they're usually quite boring. After reading Islaay's lovely post on how she customized her key it inspired me to try my own! 
It's no secret that I am a massive Cath Kidston style so I decided to attempt a CK-esque pattern on my keys. 


To begin with I painted my entire key with H&M's Pear Icecream. I originally got this as part of a set last year so I'm not sure if it's still available, but it's a dupe of Essie's Mint Candy Apple!


I then painted some spots in OPI's Pink Friday. At this point they don't have to be especially neat as these are going to form the base of the roses.


I then added 2 triangular shapes to each rose to become the rose leafs. These ones are quite dodgy because I used my terrible Nail Stripers from Amazon!


I then went over the Pink Friday with swirly patterns to finish the rose. These ones are quite smudged as I used another of the Nail Stripers which are really terrible, but this shows the shapes I had drawn 


I think this idea is so cute and quick to bring a bit of colour to something as mundane as a key! I really love the idea of it and I will be practising my nail art on my key in future! 

2 comments:

  1. This looks fab but i'm not arty enough to produce this! :)

    Lovely blog! Would love if you could check mine out and maybe follow each other  http://champagnelambinibudget.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww I want to try this! It looks so nice :)! X

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...