Monday 17 December 2012

Soap and Glory 'Best of All' Christmas Hamper




I'm sure one of the most talked about products on the blogosphere this weekend is definitely Soap and Glory's 'Best of All' and in particular the great value it has been, due to it being Boots' Gift of The Week, meaning its RRP of £60 has been slashed to only £27.This is great value and I definitely didn't want to miss out, so I traveled down to my local Boots first thing on Friday morning to pick one up! I was the first one through the door at 9am and I was a little apprehensive to see that they were still advertising the previous weeks GOTW! Luckily a lovely sales assistant explained the promo was in the middle of being changed, but she went out the back to fetch me what I was so desperate for!
I was really looking forward to seeing this years offerings from Soap and Glory after being really impressed with last years Big Splendour set, yet I'm still undecided if this years live up to my high expectations!


One of my main worries about Best of All was the packaging. After stalking Soap and Glory's Facebook Page last year I saw many ladies left disappointed after the products being damaged in the box, and having to go back to Boots to replace them. As I was heading straight to Uni after picking this up I was worried that I was going to damage something but luckily I didn't! S&G have chosen to use the same method as last year and place the products inside the bag in a cardboard box. This allows the products to move around which could potentially lead to bumps and leaking products, although I have seen no complaints as of yet! 

Im pleased to see that Best of All has included some newer products as well as some old favourites. Most of these products I have not used before so I was more than happy to receive them!


Smoothie Star Body Lotion - RRP £10 

This is one of Soap and Glory's offerings that I have yet to try, but it smells lovely! On the packaging it recommends using this with The Breakfast Scrub, which is my favourite scrub of all time so I look forward to trying this! 

Clean on Me Shower Gel - RRP £5.50 

I first tried this after getting it in last year's gift set, which I still haven't finished using! I would have preferred to see a newer product such as Foam Call in it's place but I was still more than happy to receive more of this staple S&G shower gel!


Sugar Crush Body Scrub - RRP £8.00

Admittedly this was not a product I was originally drawn to when it first popped up on my local Boots shelves! I personally think the scent of Lime is too overpowering for me so I'm in no rush to swap my beloved Breakfast Scrub for this, but I'm still willing to try this when my other runs out! 

The Righteous Butter - RRP £10.50

I'm already a massive fan of this moisturiser, and you can read my full review of it here. I always have a tub of this close by to my bed! Unfortunately for me I brought a litre tub of this not too long ago so it will be a while before this baby gets used! 


Hand Food Hand Cream - RRP £5.00 

I have honestly lost count of how many of these I have hidden around! It seems this appears in most Soap and Glory gift sets so I must have at least 10 tubes of these! I'm really terrible with using hand creams so this will probably just get thrown in my bag and forgotten about! 

Peaches and Clean Deep Cleansing Milk - RRP £7.00

This is another Soap and Glory product I have yet to try but I know my lovely friend Sophie featured it in her  October Favourites and I trust her judgements! I really liked the Face Soap and Clarity that was featured in last years gift set so I'm looking forward to trying this out! 

Heel Genius Foot Cream - RRP £5.50

This is another product I always tend to neglect and I really don't know why as I really shouldn't! I have a nearly full tube of this beside my bed to remind me to use it more often so again this will be another spare for me! 


Thick and Fast Mascara - RRP £10 

I'm glad to see some of Soap and Glory's cosmetics range in the gift set but I was a bit gutted to receive this particular mascara as it was free in a magazine (Company?) earlier this year! Despite that it is a lovely mascara and I have no problems with it! I suppose this was an easy choice for the manufacturers as mascara is a pretty simple product everyone uses, without worrying about different shades and such! Would have personally preferred one of their eye-shadow palettes or eyeliners but that is just my personal opinion! 

Sexy Mother Pucker Lip Gloss in Punch Bowl - RRP £9.00

This is another product that appeared in last years gift set, although in a different shade. I went through a phase of wearing these lip glosses all the time but grew out of them pretty quickly. The Lip Plumping effect is incredibly usual and I'm still not 100% sure I like it! However I have been sticking to my lipsticks (no pun intended) recently but I might switch back to this as it is a gorgeous pink colour! 


Soap and Glory also included a booklet full of saving vouchers which I think is a brilliant touch! There are nine offers to use between boxing day and March so plenty of opportunities to save money of earn extra Boots advantage points! Each voucher has a different time span of about 4 weeks to use so there is always something different of offer! 



Overall I am incredibly impressed with this years offerings and I will use most of the products in it. However if I remember correctly Big Splendour had 10 items in and was slightly cheaper? Can anyone confirm this? Despite that it is definitely amazing value for money! 
Unfortunately Boots have sold out of these beauties online, but they are still available in store for £27 until this Friday - the 21st! 

Have you brought this gift set for yourself or as a gift? X 

2 comments:

  1. Great review, lady! Looking forward to opening mine on Christmas! :)
    Where are you bed covers from? XO

    Honey
    www.imhoneyy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't resist waiting that long!
      The throw is from primark :) xxxx

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...